Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If there is a silver lining...

I've been struggling with a recent event in my community. I've wanted this blog to focus on the happy: the blessings, grand and small, that I want never to take for granted. But we've lost one of our neatest young men in our town and the grief is almost too heavy.

But if there is a silver lining in his death, however slight, it is this: the love and care the folks of this town are showing to his family, friends, and each other is a true blessing to behold. I give thanks to God that we are all coming together with love and prayer to help lift this burden from each other, carrying it together until it is not so crushing.

And if there is another silver lining in this dark, dark cloud, it is the reinforcement that celebrating the "marie-ment" of day to day life is a worthwhile task with many benefits.

Still, this is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment