Sunday, May 9, 2010

Your Momma!

It's Mother's Day! Hope you've had a chance to celebrate a special woman in your life; and if it's your own mommy, all the better!



May is a special month for me... not only is it generally breathtakingly wonderful weather and holds Mother's Day, it's also my birthday! I am perpetually eight years old when I think of my birthday. I get a little giddy at the thought of balloons and cake and cards, and totally embrace my inner Birthday Girl.

My very first Mother's Day after becoming a mother was also my birthday that year. These holidays coincide fairly regularly but for it to happen THAT year was a miraculous treat. I was so happy when I became a mom; thrilled to be a part of the club of mothers, and to be the birthday girl too? Bliss.

So hugs for you and hugs (and cake) for me :). And go call your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment