Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot enough for ya?

"I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least: 1.) it isn't 115 degrees; 2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve in our fine military! God Bless y'all. Re-Post if you agree!"

This has been the FB status of many folks I know lately. It always surprises me how quickly such things spread, and in circles of mine that have absolutely no common factor (other than...well, me). What else do we have in common? It's HOT. Other than my sisters in the NW of our country [lucky!] we are all sweltering in our respective ovens. Chocolate chip cookies smell AWESOME as they bake; people? Not so much.

And while viral status updates are generally annoying (and I am firmly in the "99% who don't have the guts to repost!") this one struck a chord with me. I do not have any super-close-to-me folks in the active military right now-- dads of former students, yes, but there are several degrees of separation there-- yet the sentiment of this rings true with a lot of my core beliefs:

A: you are blessed, and so am I
B: complaining has its place but it is less helpful that accepting; less beneficial than trying to solve the problem
C: I am so very grateful that there are men and women in this world who will wage war for me/fight fires for me/stop crime for me. I don't have the moxy for such jobs; I am supremely appreciative that someone does.

Repost if you agree! :)

2 comments:

  1. A: you are blessed, and so am I
    B: complaining has its place but it is less helpful that accepting; less beneficial than trying to solve the problem

    Can I have this printed in vinyl and attached to every possible surface?! Or printed on business cards to hand out to certain people?!

    Very well said!!

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am, well, sporadic at this blogging thang-- but I appreciate you checking in! :)

      Delete